Saturday, March 17, 2012

Marc Faber : Moving off fossil fuels for security But not for profitability

Marc Faber : This is a very difficult question to answer. Basically, I'm convinced that, over time, to drill a hole in the ground in the Middle East or in other emerging economies and then bringing that oil through a pipeline onto a ship into the countries that consume oil is not an elegant solution to the energy problem. I think eventually this will go away. But in the meantime, alternative sources of energy are extremely expensive. Unless the oil price collapses to like $50, most alternative sources of energy will not be profitable. If someone says to me, we need alternative sources of energy for security reasons, yes, I agree. But for profitability I doubt it. - in OilPrice.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...