Sunday, March 31, 2013

Marc Faber : Governments Will One Day Take Away 20-30% Of My Wealth

Marc Faber : "MF Global, the depositors were also raided. It is nothing unusual. Philosophically I believe that we shouldn't have deposit insurances, blanketed insurances by governments because it would force savers to be very careful with which bank they would deposit the money. The good banks would pay very low interest and take low risks and the banks that take high risks would have high interest. By the way, in Cyrus, banks were paying very high interest like in Lebanon at the present time I can get 6% on my deposits. So the depositors should have known that something is dangerous, but I would say that the principal now is very important to understand. Until now, the bailouts in Europe and the U.S. were at the expense of the taxpayer. And from now onwards, in my view, the bailouts will also be at the expense of the asset holders, the well-to-do people. So if you have money -- like I am concerned -- I am sure the governments will one day take away 20-30% of my wealth."

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...